Accessibility Commitment and Customer Service Standard
At SE Health, we are committed to ensuring that our goods and services are accessible to all people, including individuals with disabilities, in alignment with our vision to honour the human face of health care. To help you understand how SE Health upholds the core principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity in our interactions, we have developed the following Accessibility Commitment and Customer Service Standard document.
This Accessibility Commitment is SE Health's assurance to you, our valued client and/or customer that we will provide goods and services in an accessible manner by adhering to the following principles:
- SE Health will accommodate the use of assistive devices or any alternative measures used by people with disabilities to access the goods or services provided by our organization.
- SE Health will take a person's disability into account when communicating with the individual.
- SE Health will allow people with disabilities to keep their service animals with them on the parts of our premises that are open to the public or other third parties, except where the animal is excluded by law; in cases where a service animal is excluded by law from our premises, we will ensure that alternate measures are available to enable the person to access our goods or services.
- SE Health will permit people with disabilities to enter the parts of our premises that are open to the public or other third parties with their support person, and provide notice of any fee charged for the support person, where applicable.
- SE Health will post a notice at a conspicuous place on our premises, on our website or by another reasonable method, of any temporary disruption in access to facilities, goods or services, including the reason, duration and any alternatives available.
- SE Health will provide a documented process to receive and respond to feedback on how our goods or services are provided to people with disabilities, including actions we will take when a complaint is received.
- SE Health will make information about our feedback process readily available to the public, including how feedback may be provided.
- SE Health will ensure that our health care service providers, third-party suppliers and staff members who deal directly with the public and/or participate in the development of our policies and procedures, receive training about providing goods and services to people with disabilities. This training will include current policies, practices and procedures outlined in this Accessibility Commitment and Customer Service Standard.
- SE Health will maintain a written training policy and record including a summary of our training content, schedule and registrants.
SE Health will make documents available upon request in a format that takes a person's disability into account. SE Health welcomes your feedback on our Accessibility Commitment and Customer Service Standard. If you have a question, issue, compliment or complaint, contact us using one of the methods below:
Accessibility Plan 2019 (PDF)